Friday, October 24, 2008

Active Reading #7

5 Comments
1. The protagonist felt a connection between herself and the girl in the story
2. The book that the Protagonist borrowed from Chun-mei means a lot to her.
3.I can relate my friends to Chun-mei because to some of my friends because they enjoy coming to school everyday and they like to spend as much time at school as possible
4.While Father and Niang go on a trip to get their property, the brothers act rebellious.

4Questions
1. What would Niang and Father do if the Protagonist ran away?
2. Why is everyone scared of Niang?
3. What does Niang plan on doing to the Protagonist
4. Why do the children dress in cheap clothing but Niang wears expensive designer clothes and expensive jewlery

3Vocab
1. Illicity
2.Subordination
3.Cloying

2 Literary Terms
1. "I knew I should remain silent but the words choked me"- Personification
2. "She exclaimed in a loud angry voice, shooting a quick glance at YeYe and Aunt Baba"

1 Overview Sentence
In this section of the book, Aunt Baba and Father and Niang get into a disagreement because Aunt Baba wants to get a job to support herself.

No comments: